Business Facilitation Services
- Business Assistance Rendered in Cotonou, Benin Commercial Literature/Listings.
- List of Agents/Distributors in Benin: The Commercial Office keeps a list of firms in Benin that represent or distribute U.S. products; publishes bid announcements; and publicizes any relevant commercial activities such as trade shows. Contact lists (selective): Upon American exporters' requests, the Commercial Office can provide information about firms operating in Benin, by sector.
- List of U.S. commercial related firms operating in Benin: The Commercial Office has a list of U.S. firms operating in Benin.
- List of Business contacts in Benin: The Office keeps a list of Beninese lawyers and notaries from whom U.S. citizens or business people may receive appropriate advice, as well as a list of banks and bankers in Benin.
- Benin Country Commercial Guide//Benin's Investment Code
- Benin's Export Processing Zone Code
- List of Major Development Projects
- African Development Bank's brochures.
The Gold Key Services (GKS)
The U.S. Embassy in Benin can provide a GKS to American business representatives who are on business trips to Benin. The GKS includes Orientation and Benin Background Note (Profile) briefings by the Embassy Economic/ Commercial staff, up to four appointments per day, a freelance interpreter and a copy of our latest Country Commercial Guide (CCG). As of January 2001, the fee is $150 for the first day and $75 for each subsequent day.
Services Offered through the U.S. Department of Commerce
The U.S. Dept. of Commerce provides a number of services to assist U.S. traders in their export promotion efforts. Among these services are:
- Agents/Distributors Service (ADS)
- Country Commercial Guide (CCG)
- Customized Market Analysis (CMA)
- Foreign Government Tenders (FGT)
- Gold Key Service (GKS)
- International Buyer Program (IBP)
- International Company Profile (ICP)
- International Market Research ( IMR)
- Trade Opportunity Program (TOP)
Country Commercial Guide (PDF 403KB)
U.S. firms interested in any of the above commercial services may contact the nearest Export Assistance Center of the U.S. Department of Commerce or the Embassy Commercial Office in Cotonou, Benin.
NOTICE OF INTERNATIONAL BIDS
- This Notice Inviting Bids (NIB) is pursuant to the general procurement notice for the project published in online Development Business of October 26, 2011 and on the website of the Bank (www.afb.org)
- The Government of Benin has received a funding from the African Development Bank (ADB) to cover the cost of the Benin/Togo Multinational project related to the renovation of the Lomé-Cotonou road and to the transport facilitation on the Phase I Abidjan-Lagos corridor, and intends to use part of the proceeds of this funding to cover the cost of the renovation works of a section of the road Pahou-Ouidah- Togo’s border (Hillacondji) and the social infrastructures linked to roads in Benin.
- The Ministry of Public Work and Transport, acting on the behalf of the Government of Benin invite qualified bidders to submit sealed bids for works grouped into three (3) lots as follows
- Batch 1: The construction of a two-way road on the section Pahou-Ouidah(18, 75 km) including the reservations for optical fiber cable installation and the building of a footbridge in the Market of Ouidah
- Batch 2 : The renovation and the bringing into compliance with ECOWAS standards of the section Ouidah-Hillacondji (Togo borders) (58,75 km), including the reservations for optical fiber cable installation
- Batch 3: Related works: i) the construction of 100 kilometers of rural roads; (ii) the construction of 4460 meters of socio-economic infrastructures fence; (iii); drilling of eight (8) wells equipped with human powered water pumps; building of eight (8) modules of latrines composed of 4 cabins each and (v) supply women groups in the project area with twenty (20) electrical squeezer, thirty (30) grinding machines and four (4)
- Interested bidders can obtain further information and review bids documents at the Ministry of Public Works and Transport’s Public Procurement Division, POB 351-Cotonou-Republic of Benin-Tel (229) 21 31 69 48 / 21 31 28 51-Fax (229) 21 31 63 07/ 21 31 69 48
- Bidders may buy bid documents by sending a written request to the Ministry of Public Works and Transport’s Office of Financial Resources and Logistics against payment of a non refundable charge of CFA 200,000 or in a convertible currency. Bid documents can be bought starting from April 16, 2012 from 8: 00 AM to 12:30 and from 03:00 PM to 6: 30 PM (Universal time + 1 hour) Monday to Friday
- Instructions to bidders and instructions contained in the manual of general administrative regulations are standard provisions of the Bank’s typical Bid documents; Work acquisition (September 2010 version)
- Offers should be sent to the Secretariat of the Person in Charge of Public Procurement (PRMP) at the Ministry of Public Work and Transport, whose contact information are mentioned in paragraph 4 above. Offers should be sent no later than June 20, 2012 along with a bank guarantee pursuant to the model of Bid documents (Bank Guarantee form) in an amount less than or equal to
- Offers should be valid for a period of one hundred and eighty days following the deadline date for submission.
- Envelopes containing bids shall be open in the presence of bidders’ representatives who want to attend opening on June 20 2012 at 10:30 at the conference hall of Ministry of Public Work and transport’s Office of Public Work.
Candidates may bid for all the three (3) batches but will be allotted only one batch
The international bid will follow the Bank’s Rules and procedures for the acquisition of good and works
- Eight Hundred millions (CFA 800,000,000) for batch 1
- Two Hundred millions (CFA 200, 000, 000) for batch 2
- Forty millions (CFA 40, 000, 000) for batch 3
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.